Monday, 15 November 2010

Chick-a-dees

Yesterday was stinking hot in Sydney, and at 6 weeks old it was the perfect time for the chickens to move outside. They spent the whole day free ranging whilst we moved the henhouse penthouse outside and concurred some jobs in the garden.

Home made chicken coop
Naturally with the constant down pour of rain today I was a little concerned how the chicks would be coping, so when I got home from work I hugged the dogs and proceeded to throw on my very trendy designer Wellies (thanks Mark!) and wet weather jacket to go and check on the girls. And, they were as happy as anything, with Scrambles showing me her (probably his, but I'm in denial) brilliant new perching skills. They really are entertaining.
Scrambles, Fry and Gertrude exploring

No comments:

Post a Comment