Saturday, 15 January 2011

Here's to good health

Yesterday was a busy day, after having a busy week at work (which is how I like it) it flew by and before I knew it I was in a serious rush to get to Contours on time for my second appointment in 3 days. I refer to the exact venue, and don't just say 'the gym', as it is fairly different to going to a gym. Don't get me wrong, I didn't make a conscious decision to sign up to go to a ladies only fitness arena, there was a good deal on Cudo and I snapped it up. To be honest, I'm wondering why there hasn't been a kick back of men only gyms and wonder if we are taking a step back and if one day there will be men burning their suit ties in the streets. But that's a whole other rant.

My 29 minute workout was great last night, the music was good, my instructor pushed me just enough, and I left with a kick of adrenalin. The super fit young gym instructor really gave me a wake up call when she asked me "what are your goals with exercise?" to which I responded "to get fit, strong and stay healthy this year" and after a short delay she asked "and do you want to lose weight?". OUCH! I'm carrying a few extra kilos, but weight loss is not a goal for me, and I know that it will happen as I'm getting fit and strong anyway, which is exactly what I said to this otherwise lovely person. I think she is probably just extremely honest and open, just like me. So, we shall see how many days I get to Contours next week, my goal is at least 4 times. Wish me luck. Today, I'm just enjoying the muscle tightness in my abs that I haven't felt for about 18 months, and I'm looking forward to being fit and strong again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment