Tuesday, 18 January 2011

What have I gotten myself into?


Today was my third gym session and I am feeling great after it. I pushed myself extra hard tonight, did extra cardio and made sure that my heart rate was in the 70-80% zone. Why did I do this? Because my best friend has got me doing the 7km Sun Run from Dee Why to Manly on the 5th of February http://www.sunrun.com.au/. We both signed up for it yesterday, the only difference is that she regularly runs 6km a night after work, and up until last Wednesday I had to describe myself as a non-exerciser. So with 16 days to train (the day before the race is a rest day) the pressure is now seriously on. I'm thinking a new pair of joggers may be in order for the event...I've got my eye on the ASICS Gel 3020 that was tested by Runners World http://www.runnersworldonline.com.au but I only deserve them if I get to Contours at least 4 times a week.

And lets not forget all the extra energy I'm getting from exercising. Last night I made a cushion cover (another post required), and tonight I  refreshed Fry's, Bernie's and Holly's coop, set them up with some yummy treats from the veggie garden to nibble at, and bundled up the green waste and threw it out the front all before dinner.

I am a woman, on a mission-sing it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment