Sunday, 20 February 2011

It's like riding a bike, you never forget...ppffffttt!


They say that you never forget how to ride a bike, but I am living proof that just because you can jump on your bike and go for a spin after a 5 year hiatus, it doesn't mean you aren't going to stack it on your second ride. That's right, I am admitting to stacking my bike in the middle of Centennial Park in front of many, many people.

What does a twenty-seven year old girl do when she crashes her bike in front of a lot of people? Well, I got up, cacked up laughing at myself and kept on riding, whilst loudly telling my friends (who were some distance ahead) that it was only a matter of time before I stacked it, and it was good that I now had that out of the way. Should I admit that my embarrassment shrunk a little when my best friend stacked it exactly the same way I did? This is my friend who recently just completed a mini triathlon....so I'm wondering if she just stacked it to make me feel better.

Despite falling off my bike, and almost being taken out by a stupid woman driving in Centennial Park whilst text messaging (I bet she tells her teenage children not to drive and use their mobile phones) I had an awesome day. A big thanks goes out to my friends who invited me, and waited for me at the end of their seventh 3.5km lap, compared to my fourth. I now know they both do a spin class at least once a week, so I never had any chance of keeping up with them. And the complete opposite of thanks to my unbelievably uncomfortable bike seat.....you are not irreplaceable.

No comments:

Post a Comment