Tuesday, 10 May 2011

First successful fight


Anyone who knows me (that hasn't just me me this year) will probably say that I'm a sickly person. As a kid I was always sick, and, for the first 18 months of working full time again I was sick pretty much all the time. I'd get a virus, go on anti-biotics, finish the anti-biotics and 2-3 days later catch the latest bug that was going around. However, all that has changed.

Just before Christmas I saw an amazing acupuncturist and herbalist, who has turned me in to a normal person-health wise at least anyway. I have been healthy for 5 months, and now that the cold season has begun and everyone around me is sick I am fighting a cold standing up, not bedridden as I would have been 6 months ago. Right now echinacea is my best friend, and whilst I'm all for pharmaceuticals I am a converted skeptic for holistic medicine. Lets see how I go over winter....fingers crossed, and knock-on-wood, but I'd say I'm over the worst part of this cold.

Now, I only need to get back to exercising regularly.




No comments:

Post a Comment