Friday, 3 June 2011

WTF?

This morning I went out to the garden and let the chickens out of their coop. As usual I collected 2 eggs and questioned the girls as to whether one of them wasn't pulling her weight, or if two of them were sharing laying duties and one is the star achiever in the brood.

You can imagine my surprise (and confusion) when I put the girls to bed tonight and found another two eggs in the coop. I only have 3 girls, so has one of them already dropped tomorrows egg? I'm intrigued to see what our Saturday egg delivery will be.

We are now officially in winter, and have had quite a number of chilly, wet days, so I'm very chuffed with two eggs a day, particularly since chickens are meant to lay less through winter...fingers crossed that we get at least one egg every day over the next few winter months....but I certainly won't mind if the girls decide to keep playing these laying games with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment