Wednesday, 21 December 2011
I'm Finding My Running Rhythm
This morning I managed to run 3km in 22 minutes 40 seconds. I totally smashed my time from yesterday which was 24 minutes 35 seconds.
To be fair, there were lots of variables that helped me improve my time so significantly, including:
1. My trainer didn't put me through 30 minutes of intense cardio before my run this morning
2. After my effort yesterday I know I can run 3kms without stopping so I didn't let myself slow down
3. Yesterday I started fast, slowed down and then sped up again. Today I started at a comfortable speed which I held throughout 2.8km and then upped the anti for the last 200m
4. Perhaps having breakfast 2 hours before made a difference, but I won't know until I attempt another training run on an empty stomach
5. I didn't consume any alcohol last night, and I was nicely hydrated for my run this morning.
The best part is that I am finding my running rhythm. I've heard people talk about this, but I never thought it would happen to me, so I'm rather chuffed!