Tuesday, 28 February 2012

BUZZING!!!

I was at the hairdresser with my sister (aka best bridesmaid ever), and Mum getting our wedding hair trials done tonight. If you are thinking "I thought this girl was chilled out and wouldn't bother with such things" you need to look at my hair-it isn't easy to dress well. It was an enjoyable experience at EmmaDean Salon in Balmain as Emma is very a friendly, skillful creator, and I am really looking forward to seeing her on the morning of Mark's and my big day. Yet again Lissy found the trump card-great hens night, great photographer, great hairdresser, the list goes on. We were talking about the big day, whether or not I'm going to wear a veil (the big day is in 4 weeks and I still haven't worked out that little detail) and about one of my besties who is naturally an amazing woman, and then you add the part that she has been in labor for 3 days.

On my way home I was floating on a good hair, and my friend is in labor cloud, and then I got the message that she was holding her little boy, and that both of them are well. I almost had to pull over due to my levels of excitement-OK, I shouldn't use my phone whilst driving, but when I saw her name come up I just had to look. Until someone you are close to goes through this experience you don't understand what everyone else carries on about. But I am floating on air, and so very proud of her!

The wonderful Mum and Dad are taking time to bond with their little man, and I can't wait to meet him, and give his amazing Mum a massive hug. Hopefully one day in his early years he will realise exactly how special his Mum is, and remember that always, particularly during those terrible teenage years that I'm hearing so much about lately.

All great things take time, and Vincent Drake gave his Mum three days of it....perhaps he was getting back at her for shaking her bootie so well on the dance floor at my hens night only 10 days before. I'm yet to see the little man, but I'm betting he is going to be a heart breaker. Speaking of bets, I lost one, and I can't wait to take Teresa (Mummy T) and Kylz (my  unofficial Aunty counterpart) out for high tea to celebrate...if I could do cartwheels I would be doing them up and down the street right now.....someone get me a tranquiliser, I need to be up for training at 5am tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment