Saturday, 1 September 2012

Pub 2 Pub



I participated in the Pub2Pub for the first time this year, and I can't wait to do it again. It is such a wonderful course.

In another first I participated with a group of colleagues who brought their significant others. We all started together, then everyone went off on their own pace with some people finishing in under 60 minutes and others (like Mark and I) successfully achieving their goals of finishing in under 2 hours. This was also the first fun run Mark has joined me in and considering it was a hefty 13kms we decided that we were just going to walk it and then jog some of the flats to make up time.

The best part was the end when everyone met up at The Terrace for breakfast and we all shared our stories. The next day at work was entertaining as we limped around the office with tight muscles and/or blisters from pushing ourselves to our limits.

It was a great day, a very successfully organised event and I can't wait to do it all again next year-in less than 90 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment