Monday, 31 December 2012

Sandbar Restaurant



This weekend was the first weekend in ages that we didn't have any social committments locked in. Which means Mark and I have been able to be our spontaneous selves, and I have loved every minute of it.

Saturday morning started out as a grey, some what cold old day that felt nothing like an Aussie summer, so dressed for an autumn day Mark and I trotted off to Warringah Mall (an outdoor shopping centre) to spend the gift vouchers that we had been given. By lunch time we decided to head over to Dee Why to have a beach side lunch, and by that time summer had arrived and I was WISHING I wasn't wearing jeans.

We strolled along the restaurant front and decided on Sandbar, which just so happened to be at the end of the road, so by that time we had earned a cheeky lunch time drink. I ordered a Bucket of Muscles with Chorizo which was one of the specials, and absolutely delicious. Mark ordered soft tacos that were super tasty-yes, he let me have a bight :-) 

2 main meals and 2 beers came in at around $55, which for the location and quality of food was very reasonable. We will go back....but we should probably eat at one of the many other restaurants to chose from along that strip first.

No comments:

Post a Comment