Friday, 11 October 2013

Benefits of a Visual Diary

Since I ran out of marking sticks for the garden (must add paddle pop sticks to the shopping list) I simply took photos and wrote captions on this blog to record what was planted where. And it is lucky that I did, because it turns out that I got things back to front and my cucumber seedlings that I planted in the veggie garden died whilst I was in hospital, and now I have five zucchini plants growing up two different trellises. That is enough to feed a family of six! Luckily I have a good zucchini recipe and family members close by to share the glut with. However, I need to get some cucumber seeds/seedlings because I seriously love home grown cucumber, there is no beating it, and I want to be able to make a salad from my veggie garden. With any luck there will be a) someone selling cucumber seeds/seedlings at market today or b) there will be seeds at Woolworths because I have buckleys and none chance of getting to Flower Power as well today.

Fingers crossed that by the time Miss D and I shower, bath and head off to market the rain hasn't come back. Yes, it is 10:30 and I still haven't showered yet, but my daughter is well fed, warm and happy and that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment