Friday, 15 November 2013

The Terrace

My Dad is very proud with his Granddaughter.


My 30th birthday celebrations lasted over a week and ended with a delicious dinner with my Dad and his wife at The Terrace which is located on the top floor of the well known Newport Arms Hotel.

Before being pregnant I couldn't go to a restaurant that had terrine or pate on the menu and not order it, so after eleven months of being deprived I had to have the pork neck terrine wrapped in apple maple bacon, cornichons and sour dough ($20) for my entree. The dish choice was also a very good option as Lara always wants to feed when I'm eating, so I didn't have to worry about my meal going cold whilst I attended to my motherly duties. I did however suffer from Mark making a mouthful for me and then a mouthful for him whilst I breastfed Lara.

Delicious pork neck terrine.

Since I couldn't decide on which entree I wanted, I ended up ordering an entree for my main meal as well and was so glad I did. The pan seared Canadian sea scallops with pork sausage, sheep’s milk curd and dukkah ($24) tasted as good as it looked.

Pan seared Canadian sea scallops.
Mark ordered the blue swimmer crab linguini, tomato, chilli, lemon and basil ($24) which I have had before, and naturally had a mouthful when he offered me a taste even though I could remember how good it was last time. Lauren had another one of the entrees that I was struggling to go past; black angus beef carpaccio with goat’s curd, capers and basil ($21) which she thoroughly enjoyed and Dad had the entree special for the night; oysters which he can never go paste-a bit like me and terrine/pate.

For main meals Mark had beer battered dory fillet with beer battered chips, tartare sauce, mushy peas and lemon ($29) which really is just having fish and chips at a fancy restaurant. Dad enjoyed grass fed Victorian scotch fillet with horseradish butter, beer battered chips, onion jam and Shiraz jus ($35).

Luckily we left room to share dessert between couples. Dad and Lauren had the kangaroo isle organic honey and green apple sorbet, pistachio and toasted meringue ($14) and were kind enough to let me taste it. The meringue had the most amazing soft, squishy, stretchy texture to it in your mouth it was such a pleasurable sensation to the whole pallet.

Delicious gooey meringue
Now I just need an excuse to go back and order the beef carpaccio...and maybe enjoy a few nice glasses of wine.




No comments:

Post a Comment