Thursday, 9 January 2014

Police



Police by Jo Nesbo is a book in the Harry Holt series and the first one that I have read. But it won't be the last, as I thoroughly enjoyed reading this novel. Unlike every other book I've read I didn't have a favourite character, or even a character that I couldn't stand. Every one played an important role in this novel, with the vilans being unpredictable and just as acceptable as the heroes.

Unlike recent reading I thoroughly got in to this story and struggled to put the book down-yes, I read a real paper book, not a kindle version. I almost read the whole thing in three days. Perhaps this was due to a combination of the book being very well written, and the fact that I was on holiday and couldn't be distracted by housework, and my three month old baby slept for hours on the boat; everyone loves that rocking motion.

A lot of the time I can be reading a book or watching a movie and predict what is going to happen next, but there were so many spins in Police that I really couldn't take a guess. Perhaps it has been too long since I've read a book of this calibre ($2 Amazon reads can do that to you). I struggled to put the book down, and had to put a bed time curfew on myself, boy am I glad I did, because when I picked up the book to read the last few pages the next morning the 'ending' left me thinking for hours.

In my true form, I've thoroughly enjoyed a book in a series when the next one hasn't been released it....I guess I will just have to start at the beginning of the series and work my way through. Hopefully Jo Nesbo will beat me to Harry Holt #11.

This thriller really did have me on the edge of my seat, I found myself noticing that whilst I didn't care if a particular character got killed off, my heart was still racing as the author set the scene so vibrantly. I won't give you a shortline of the book, as you can find it here, but I will tell you that it is definitely worth reading.

4 1/2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment